Instructions on Using the Pressure Regulator on Our Most Popular Diaphragm Pumps
The pressure regulator, which goes by a variety of names, is a key component of the diaphragm pump. Operating it correctly will increase your pump's effectiveness. You may call it a control unit or an unloader - both are interchangeable names for the pressure regulator.
The regulator is responsible for maintaining a certain pressure rating in the discharge line. This allows excess liquid flow to by-pass back to a tank or drain. Basically, the regulator will cut off the flow of liquid at a certain pressure to ensure safety during use.
Using a pump’s pressure regulator is as easy as moving the lever in the correct direction. However, not every diaphragm pump works the same so it is best to check your manual and follow the directions. A simple infographic with five of our most popular diaphragm pumps and their regulators is included below.
5 Ways a Control Unit is Better than a Relief Valve
If you are interested in learning even more technical facts about pressure regulators/control units, take a look at our previous guest blog post highlighting 5 reasons why a control unit is better than a relief valve.
Quick Look Guide to Pressure Regulators on 5 Popular Diaphragm Pumps
Even though using the regulator can be pretty self-explanatory, it pays to always check that you are using it according to the manufacturer's directions, as is the case with all equipment. Proper use is key to maintaining a safe work environment, as well as ensuring the most effective use of your equipment, ensuring longer operating life and protection of your investment. If you have questions about your specific diaphragm pump and regulator, give your knowledgable customer service team a call! We're happy to help troubleshoot.
Subscribe to the Latest News from Sprayer Depot
Receive the latest blog posts, product announcements & company news direct to your inbox:
Expanded Product Line: Kings Sprayers Modular Sprayers
Use the Space You Have More Efficiently!
Kings Sprayers has expanded offerings for modular sprayers, which aren't limited by one large frame, but instead components are placed on individual frames. With an unlimited number of possibilities, configurations and spray applications, flexibility is the name of the game with modular sprayers!
Sprayer Depot is committed to serving you!
- Shop our interactive online catalog
- Order at sprayerdepot.com, call 1-800-228-0905, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Chat available at sprayerdepot.com
- Have a question? Email email@example.com, or call our knowledgable Customer Service Technicians at 1-800-228-0905
- Orders over $100 enjoy FREE Shipping (some exclusions apply), and are shipped out the same day when ordered by 5pm (ET)
- Sprayers ship for a flat rate to the 48 contiguous states
- QuickShip Kings Sprayers are ready to ship same day when ordered by 12 noon (ET)
- Central Florida Showroom open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm at 7800 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Orders are shipped from distribution centers in Orlando, Florida, Salt Lake City, Utah, Kansas City, Missouri and Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania for fast shipping
- Want to hear what customers say about Sprayer Depot? Visit our Customer Reviews page.
Sprayer Depot specializes in spray equipment, parts and accessories for commercial use. Agriculture, horticulture, lawn & landscaping, and pest control industries, as well as theme parks/resorts/hotels, and golf & recreational facilities shop at Sprayer Depot. We ship worldwide. Kings Sprayers are proudly made in America at the Sprayer Depot headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Happy Spraying!