Keep Your Hypro D30 Running Smoothly
Did you know we have a YouTube channel with instructional videos? We put together some resource videos with step-by-step instructions for several spraying challenges and maintenance.
Today’s topic is repairing the popular Hypro D30 diaphragm pump that continues to be an industry standard, solid, go-to pump. The Hypro D30 Diaphragm Pump Repair Kit comes with two diaphragms, one air accumulator diaphragm and four o-rings. There are other replacement parts and kits for valves, etc., should you need it, but for today we’ll focus on the diaphragms.
Before we get started, a few tips that might make the repair go a little more smoothly:
- We found that having a wide bucket handy makes draining the oil from your pump a little less messy. We used a lower-rim, but wider bucket that didn’t hinder getting to the parts while the oil drained.
- Also note that the diaphragms should be installed with a certain side facing the oil, as noted on the diaphragm itself. Take a second to find that marker before you get to this step.
- Lastly take a second to grab your tools, and identify the correct size socket wrenches you’ll need so that your materials are handy before you get started.
Now that we have that out of the way, follow these instructions to repair a Hypro D30 Diaphragm Pump. Then, check out the video below for more details on the repair process:
- Using a socket wrench, remove both bolts on either side of the head.
- After removing the top-head assembly, remove each of the four bolts on the head to access the diaphragm.
- Remove the diaphragm bolt and then remove the old diaphragm.
- Remove the piston sleeve and drain the oil.
- Remove the four bolts on the other side to reveal a second diaphragm.
- Remove the diaphragm bolt and old diaphragm.
- Remove the second piston sleeve.
- Now that both piston sleeves have been removed, clean the pump with car or brake cleaner to remove excess water or oil.
- Gather your new diaphragm pump repair kit parts so that you can reassemble the pump.
- The piston sleeve has two holes at 12 and 6, insert the sleeve over the piston
- Once the piston sleeve is in place, put in the new diaphragm.
- Replace the washer and diaphragm nut using a socket wrench.
- Replace the head and tighten with a socket wrench.
- Add non-detergent pump oil into the other side of the unit, filling almost to the brim.
- Replace the second piston sleeve with holes at 12 and 6.
- Clean the excess oil.
- Replace the diaphragm, washer and nut.
- Replace the second head, sealing the oil inside, and tighten the bolts.
- Now that both sides are on tight, place the two new o-rings on the base, the other two new o-rings on the head assembly.
- Using your index and middle fingers, hold the o-rings in place on the assembly head and place the assembly head over the base.
- Tighten the two bolts on either side of the assembly head.
- Now we’re on to the air accumulator diaphragm. Remove the bolts.
- Remove the old air accumulator diaphragm, replacing the new one flush in its place.
- Replace the top and tighten the bolts.
Click here to see our complete line of sprayer parts and spray equipment. Keep in mind that orders placed by 3:30 p.m. EST will ship the same day. If you like what you see, head over to our YouTube Channel for more instructional videos.
New Website Feature: Build Your Kings Sprayer
Build Your Own Customized Kings Sprayer on the Sprayer Depot Website
We've launched a new feature that allows you to customize sprayer models right from the website! Go ahead - play around with an almost limitless number of configurations. More models and components coming soon!
Sprayer Depot is committed to serving you!
- Order at sprayerdepot.com, call 1-800-228-0905, or email email@example.com
- Online Chat available at sprayerdepot.com
- Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our knowledgable Customer Service Technicians at 1-800-228-0905
- Orders over $100 enjoy FREE Shipping (some exclusions apply), and are shipped out the same day when ordered by 5pm (ET)
- Sprayers ship for a flat rate to the 48 contiguous states
- QuickShip Kings Sprayers are ready to ship same day when ordered by 12 noon (ET)
- Central Florida Showroom open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm at 7800 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Orders are shipped from distribution centers in Orlando, Florida and Nogales, Arizona for fast shipping
- Want to hear what customers say about Sprayer Depot? Visit our Customer Reviews page.
Sprayer Depot specializes in spray equipment, parts and accessories for commercial use. Agriculture, horticulture, lawn & landscaping, and pest control industries, as well as theme parks/resorts/hotels, and golf & recreational facilities shop at Sprayer Depot. Kings Sprayers are proudly made in America at the Sprayer Depot headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Happy Spraying!