3 Easy Steps to Identify and Repair an Air Leak in a Sprayer
Air leaks in sprayers happen for a variety of reasons. The vibration of the sprayer can work the hoses loose over time and regular use can lead to normal wear and tear. Fortunately, it's an easy issue to troubleshoot and fix.
A recent customer sent us a video of his D403 pump and sprayer to help him troubleshoot. We've included this video below because it is a classic example of a simple air leak. You'll see the liquid "sputtering" inside the tank. A similar "sputtering" effect would happen from the spray gun as well. While this video shows the D403 pump, it's not specific to that particular pump and can happen to any model of pump or sprayer.
3 Steps to Fix a Sprayer Air Leak
Here are 3 easy steps to fix an air leak in a sprayer:
- Check all Suction Fittings - make sure each is tight and hasn't wiggled loose. Most of the time you'll find the culprit and be back up and running.
- Remove & Re-tape - if you didn't find a loose fitting when completing step 1, remove all fittings, re-tape and put back together.
- Replace Hose, Fittings and/or Clamps - as a worst case scenario, replace the the hose, fittings and/or clamps.
Repair Parts for Sprayer Air Leak Repair
Sprayer Depot offers one of the largest inventories of spray equipment, parts and accessories. We have the following repair items on hand. If you don't see what you need, use our Smart Search feature to search the website, or give our knowledgable customer service technicians a call at 800-228-0905.
New Product Line: Kings Steel Sprayers
Kings Sprayers are now Available with a Rugged Steel Frame
Kings Steel Sprayers are built on steel frames, designed to stand up to harsh conditions and use, while offering cost savings over the original aluminum frame Kings Sprayers. They are an ideal entry-level sprayer for those just entering the spraying industry, or those who spray more infrequently.
Read More About Kings Steel Sprayers
Shop Kings Steel Sprayers
Sprayer Depot is committed to serving you!
- Order at sprayerdepot.com, call 1-800-228-0905, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Chat available at sprayerdepot.com
- Have a question? Email email@example.com, or call our knowledgable Customer Service Technicians at 1-800-228-0905
- Orders over $100 enjoy FREE Shipping (some exclusions apply), and are shipped out the same day when ordered by 5pm (ET)
- Sprayers ship for a flat rate to the 48 contiguous states
- QuickShip Kings Sprayers are ready to ship same day when ordered by 12 noon (ET)
- Central Florida Showroom open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm at 7800 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Orders are shipped from distribution centers in Orlando, Florida and Salt Lake City, Utah for fast shipping - Kansas City, Missouri distribution center COMING SOON!
- Want to hear what customers say about Sprayer Depot? Visit our Customer Reviews page.
Sprayer Depot specializes in spray equipment, parts and accessories for commercial use. Agriculture, horticulture, lawn & landscaping, and pest control industries, as well as theme parks/resorts/hotels, and golf & recreational facilities shop at Sprayer Depot. Kings Sprayers are proudly made in America at the Sprayer Depot headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Happy Spraying!