Easy Steps to Repair a Greensmaster or JD9®-C Spray Gun
Maintenance and DIY repairs can reduce your downtime, keep operating costs down, and are fairly simple (in most cases). Both the JD9®-C and the Greensmaster Spray Guns are easy to maintain and repair. Our Kings Sprayers typically come with one of these brands of spray guns standard.
If your spray gun is suddenly leaking, replacing the O-rings will usually fix it. We've outlined the steps below and included a how to video from our repairs department.
How to Repair a Greensmaster or JD9®-C Spray Gun
For this project you will need the following tools:
- 10 millimeter socket
- 10 millimeter wrench
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- Crescent wrench
- O-Ring Kit
- Remove the nozzle
- Remove the O-ring located inside the nozzle
- Replace it with a new ring that matches its size
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to loosen the set screw to remove the barrel
- Remove the O-ring with a pick and replace it with a new one of the same size
- Use the crescent wrench to loosen the barrel nut to remove the inner barrel
- Remove the Teflon seat and replace with new one
- Use the 10mm wrench to remove the outside nuts to remove the trigger fixture
- Use the crescent wrench to remove the nut in the back of the spray gun
- Remove the O-ring and Teflon seat inside using a pick and replace both
- Tighten the rear nut
- Now, time to put everything back into place, replace the spring fixture and then tighten back the inner barrel using the crescent wrench
- Use the screwdriver to tighten back the screw in the outer barrel
- Add the nozzle and make sure it's secured
- Place the trigger fixture back into place and tighten all the nuts
- Replace the second rear nut to adjust the spray and you are done!
Spray Gun Repair Video
The Greensmaster and JD9®-C Spray Guns are similar in design and specifications. They both use the same nozzles and repair kits.
Repair Resources, Guides & How To Videos
Visit our Resources page for additional resources designed to help with common maintenance and repair needs. We're always just a phone call or email away and are happy to assist with questions you may have about your spray equipment!
Subscribe to the Latest News from Sprayer Depot
Receive the latest blog posts, product announcements & company news direct to your inbox:
Expanded Product Line: Kings Sprayers Modular Sprayers
Use the Space You Have More Efficiently!
Kings Sprayers has expanded offerings for modular sprayers, which aren't limited by one large frame, but instead components are placed on individual frames. With an unlimited number of possibilities, configurations and spray applications, flexibility is the name of the game with modular sprayers!
Sprayer Depot is committed to serving you!
- Shop our interactive online catalog
- Order at sprayerdepot.com, call 1-800-228-0905, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Chat available at sprayerdepot.com
- Have a question? Email email@example.com, or call our knowledgable Customer Service Technicians at 1-800-228-0905
- Orders over $100 enjoy FREE Shipping (some exclusions apply), and are shipped out the same day when ordered by 5pm (ET)
- Sprayers ship for a flat rate to the 48 contiguous states
- QuickShip Kings Sprayers are ready to ship same day when ordered by 12 noon (ET)
- Central Florida Showroom open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm at 7800 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Orders are shipped from distribution centers in Orlando, Florida, Salt Lake City, Utah, Kansas City, Missouri and Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania for fast shipping
- Want to hear what customers say about Sprayer Depot? Visit our Customer Reviews page.
Sprayer Depot specializes in spray equipment, parts and accessories for commercial use. Agriculture, horticulture, lawn & landscaping, and pest control industries, as well as theme parks/resorts/hotels, and golf & recreational facilities shop at Sprayer Depot. We ship worldwide. Kings Sprayers are proudly made in America at the Sprayer Depot headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Happy Spraying!