Which Spray Tip is Best for Your Needs?
Spray tips are important, but these small components happen to be an often-overlooked part of a sprayer. With so many options on the market it’s no wonder you might feel overwhelmed with choices. However, the benefits of finding the right tip for your application will pay in spades in the long run. Determining which spray tip is best for your needs depends on a variety of factors, including the type of spray application and your sprayer equipment.
An appropriate spray tip can do the following:
- Reduce off target spray
- Provide more control and improve coverage
- Save money
- Better protect the environment
- Complete your spray job faster
There are a variety of spray tips in tons of sizes, capacities and materials for numerous types of applications. To get started, identify your needs and purpose for spraying. This first step will guide you to a narrower field of options. For instance, are you trying to reduce spray drift? Do you need a wide pressure range? What would you change about the spray tip you’ve used most recently? Do you want better coverage? Next, follow these three steps to selecting the right spray tip.
3 Steps to Find the Right Spray Tip
1. Determine Flow Rate (GPM): You’ll need to identify the application volume (GPA), travel speed (MPH) and nozzle spacing in inches (W) to find the right flow rate. Your calculation may look something like this:
Flow Rate (GPM) = GPA x MPH x W
2. Select the Right Spray Nozzle: With that information on hand you’ll have a better idea of the type of nozzle needed and can follow the manufacturer’s chart to identify the model that will work best for your needs.
Keep in mind that nozzles come in different materials:
- Brass resists corrosion from corrosive chemicals
- Plastic will not corrode and resists abrasion
- Stainless Steel offers good corrosion resistance and are best suited for high pressures
- Aluminum are easily corroded by some fertilizers
- Ceramic are highly resistant to abrasion and corrosion.
3. Calibrate and Adjust: After you’ve installed the new spray tip, calibrate your sprayer. This determines the amount of spray volume applied per acre. Also keep in mind that when you’re on a job, the spray pressure output of your sprayer may differ from the charts. You can adjust for this by determining the amount of pressure at the nozzle and then subtracting or adding pressure from your main gauge to compensate and ensure that you’re getting the desired output needed.
New Website Feature: Build Your Kings Sprayer
Build Your Own Customized Kings Sprayer on the Sprayer Depot Website
We've launched a new feature that allows you to customize sprayer models right from the website! Go ahead - play around with an almost limitless number of configurations. More models and components coming soon!
Sprayer Depot is committed to serving you!
- Order at sprayerdepot.com, call 1-800-228-0905, or email email@example.com
- Online Chat available at sprayerdepot.com
- Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our knowledgable Customer Service Technicians at 1-800-228-0905
- Orders over $100 enjoy FREE Shipping (some exclusions apply), and are shipped out the same day when ordered by 5pm (ET)
- Sprayers ship for a flat rate to the 48 contiguous states
- QuickShip Kings Sprayers are ready to ship same day when ordered by 12 noon (ET)
- Central Florida Showroom open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm at 7800 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Orders are shipped from distribution centers in Orlando, Florida and Salt Lake City, Utah for fast shipping
- Want to hear what customers say about Sprayer Depot? Visit our Customer Reviews page.
Sprayer Depot specializes in spray equipment, parts and accessories for commercial use. Agriculture, horticulture, lawn & landscaping, and pest control industries, as well as theme parks/resorts/hotels, and golf & recreational facilities shop at Sprayer Depot. Kings Sprayers are proudly made in America at the Sprayer Depot headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Happy Spraying!