Sprayer and equipment maintenance is a must. It protects your investment and ensures a long life. We've compiled daily, weekly, monthly and annual sprayer maintenance into a handy check list. Download our Seasonal Sprayer Maintenance Checklist.
The tank, strainer and pump often get all the maintenance focus, but the engine needs some routine TLC as well. We frequently get questions regarding equipment care, and a common question is "How often should I change the engine oil?" We suggest following the manufacturer's recommendations - each manufacturer will outline the best steps for care and the frequency of maintenance.
We use Honda Engines on our Kings Sprayers. They have an excellent reputation with a long lifespan, especially with proper maintenance. We've outlined four simple steps for changing the oil on two of our most popular models: the GX120 and GX160.
Honda recommends changing the oil after 100 hours or every 6 months, whichever comes first. Honda also recommends 4-stroke oil or an equivalent high-detergent, premium quality motor oil certified to meet or exceed U.S. automobile manufacturers' requirements for Service Classification SG.SF/CC.CD.
Before performing any type of maintenance, make sure the engine has been shut off and drain the oil while the engine is still warm for quick and complete draining.
4 Steps for Changing the Oil in Honda GX120 & GX160 Engines
Here are four steps for changing the oil in your Honda Engine GX120 - GX160:
Step 1. Remove the oil filler cap and drain plug to drain the oil.
Step 2. Reinstall the drain plug and tighten it securely.
Step 3. Refill the oil reservoir with the recommended SAE 10W-30* and check oil level. *SAE 10W-30 is recommended for general, all-temperature use. Other viscosities may be used depending on outside temperature. Please consult the owner's manual.
Step 4. Reinstall the oil filler cap.
A few things to note:
- Do not use non-detergent oils or vegetable oils as they are not recommended
- Be sure to check the engine oil level on a level surface with the engine off
- Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water after handling motor oil
If we can help in any way, please contact us directly at 800-228-0905. Our knowledgable customer service reps are happy to answer technical questions or address any other spraying challenges.
Subscribe to the Latest News from Sprayer Depot
Receive the latest blog posts, product announcements & company news direct to your inbox:
Expanded Product Line: Kings Sprayers QuickShip 3 Point Hitch Sprayers
Customize AND Get it Fast!
Kings Sprayers has expanded offerings for 3 Point Hitch QuickShip Sprayers now making it possible to customize your sprayer and still get it fast. QuickShip Sprayers ship out the same day when ordered by 12 Noon (ET).
Sprayer Depot is committed to serving you!
- Shop our interactive online catalog
- Order at sprayerdepot.com, call 1-800-228-0905, or email email@example.com
- Online Chat available at sprayerdepot.com
- Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our knowledgable Customer Service Technicians at 1-800-228-0905
- Orders over $100 enjoy FREE Shipping (some exclusions apply), and are shipped out the same day when ordered by 5pm (ET)
- Sprayers ship for a flat rate to the 48 contiguous states
- QuickShip Kings Sprayers are ready to ship same day when ordered by 12 noon (ET)
- Central Florida Showroom open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm at 7800 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Orders are shipped from distribution centers in Orlando, Florida, Salt Lake City, Utah, Kansas City, Missouri and Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania for fast shipping
- Want to hear what customers say about Sprayer Depot? Visit our Customer Reviews page.
Sprayer Depot specializes in spray equipment, parts and accessories for commercial use. Agriculture, horticulture, lawn & landscaping, and pest control industries, as well as theme parks/resorts/hotels, and golf & recreational facilities shop at Sprayer Depot. We ship worldwide. Kings Sprayers are proudly made in America at the Sprayer Depot headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Happy Spraying!