Keep Mosquitos at Bay
Ah…summer time. That unmistakable grilling smell in the air, baseball games, thunderstorms, striking sunsets and, of course, mosquitoes!
Mosquitoes can quickly ruin your summer fun. They can become more than a nuisance and can even spread several diseases. Some easy prep work before spraying can ensure better effectiveness of your treatment.
Find out when mosquito season stars in your area: Mosquito Season Map
Improve Mosquito Spraying Effectiveness
Follow these 3 prep steps before spraying for mosquitoes to increase the effectiveness:
- Mow weedy areas and water the lawn within 24 hours of application. Be sure not to mow again until at least two days after the application.
- Thin out overgrown shrubs and undergrowth. These areas trap moisture and create breading grounds for mosquitoes.
- Dump any standing water and leave containers upside down to prevent them from refilling.
Maintaining the property on an ongoing basis with these 3 steps will go a long ways in ensuring longer term mosquito control.
Mosquito Spraying Tools
We carry both mosquito misters and foggers at Sprayer Depot. Depending on your application, one or the other type may be best for your needs. Foggers use an oil-based insecticide which stays around for 3 weeks, while misters or sprayers use a plant-based insecticide which dissipates in 3-4 hours. Foggers work well for broad coverage, while misters are better for smaller, more direct areas.
Top 3 Mosquito Spraying Tools
Best Practices for Managing Mosquitos
There are also a few best practices for mosquito control that are important to keep in mind:
Surveillance: Identify problem species and population trends in order to improve control methods.
Mapping: Utilize maps to define treatment areas and keep track of major sources of mosquitoes.
Set Action Thresholds: Determine a control measure to be implemented based on analyzed data.
Source Reduction: Make sure to look for damp and shady areas where mosquito larvae is likely to exist. Properly store wood piles, clean debris from rain gutters, change bird baths at least once a week, and remove any standing water sources.
Public Health Mosquitocides: Carefully read and follow the product label specifications.
Monitor for Resistance: Checking for efficacy should always be part of your plan. Avoid over spraying to prevent resistance to existing chemicals.
Education and Community Outreach: Work with control personnel and customers to manage mosquito population based on an informed decision. Organizations like PAPA work to educate pesticide applicators of the best, most responsible methods of application.
Mosquitoes might be small, but they can quickly become a big issue. Make sure you are prepared to better serve your customers and keep those pesky pests away from your perfect summer.
New Product Line: Kings Steel Sprayers
Kings Sprayers are now Available with a Rugged Steel Frame
Kings Steel Sprayers are built on steel frames, designed to stand up to harsh conditions and use, while offering cost savings over the original aluminum frame Kings Sprayers. They are an ideal entry-level sprayer for those just entering the spraying industry, or those who spray more infrequently.
Sprayer Depot is committed to serving you!
- Order at sprayerdepot.com, call 1-800-228-0905, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Chat available at sprayerdepot.com
- Have a question? Email email@example.com, or call our knowledgable Customer Service Technicians at 1-800-228-0905
- Orders over $100 enjoy FREE Shipping (some exclusions apply), and are shipped out the same day when ordered by 5pm (ET)
- Sprayers ship for a flat rate to the 48 contiguous states
- QuickShip Kings Sprayers are ready to ship same day when ordered by 12 noon (ET)
- Central Florida Showroom open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm at 7800 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Orders are shipped from distribution centers in Orlando, Florida and Salt Lake City, Utah for fast shipping
- Want to hear what customers say about Sprayer Depot? Visit our Customer Reviews page.
Sprayer Depot specializes in spray equipment, parts and accessories for commercial use. Agriculture, horticulture, lawn & landscaping, and pest control industries, as well as theme parks/resorts/hotels, and golf & recreational facilities shop at Sprayer Depot. Kings Sprayers are proudly made in America at the Sprayer Depot headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Happy Spraying!