Welder/Fabricator Job Posting
The Welding Specialist is responsible for performing complex welding operations and related fabrication activities. This role works as part of the welding team to support the production team.
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Weld aluminum components using MIG and TIG welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Read and interpret drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Help fabricate custom sprayer designs
- Look for improvements in frame structures
- Determine the appropriate equipment or method based on requirements
- Operate bench/angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using clamps and vises
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Clean completed welds as necessary
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Attend weekly Operations Meeting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (MIG, TIG)
- Experience using electrical or manual tools (saw, clamp, drill, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, arm sleeves, gloves etc.)
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) preferred
- 2+ years related welding experience
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Team player and self-initiative
- Required to be familiar with and certified to operate all equipment and tools in assigned area
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position requires continuous walking and standing. Some sitting, stooping, bending and kneeling is necessary. Lifting from 20-100 pounds may be required on a regular basis.
|Position Type||Work Schedule||Pay Rate||Experience Level|
|Full-Time||Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm||$17.00 - $22.00/HR||2 Years Minimum|
- Vision Monthly Catered Meals
- Medical Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Dental Quarterly Team Outings
- 401(K) Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
CANDIDATE MUST EMBRACE OUR CORE VALUES:
- Takes iniative
- Strives for perfection
- Be friendly, fun and flexible in all you do
About Sprayer Depot
Sprayer Depot is one of the largest suppliers of professional spray equipment, parts and accessories in the United States. With more than 50 years of experience, the team at Sprayer Depot serves the lawn and landscape, pest control, golf and recreation, agricultural and horticultural industries. Carrying well-known brands like Hypro, John Bean FMC, SHURflo, and its own Kings Sprayers line, Sprayer Depot maintains an extensive in stock inventory.
Sprayer Depot takes pride in its highly trained employees, from production and manufacturing to sales and fulfillment, and is committed to providing ongoing training and education to ensure customers receive the best technical support and customer service in the industry.
To WOW people by exceeding expectations.
This mission is simple in that we strive to bring the customer experience to the forefront, by making the shopping experience easy for customers to find and purchase spray equipment, parts and accessories, at the most competitive prices in the industry.
Sprayer Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please submit a current resume and references through the button below.
- Complete the Wonderlic assessment.
*Applicants that do not complete the Wonderlic assessment will not be considered.